Period smell TMI

why when I wear pads do i smell down there? i hate the time of the month! grrr

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe you're not changing them or washing regularly enough. Or maybe you are...I don't think that stuff is supposed to smell good, lol! I'm sorry, but that question was a little TMI, haha!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I'm guessing other than the menstural discharge, you are smelling also sweat. The sweat can't dry like it can when you just have on underwear. It is trapped by the plastic on your pads. This is why I use tampons (besides being more comfy and clean.)
    Anonymous

• Another reason might be that becuase the discharge is outside that area, you have more chance to smell it than in a tampon, where it is locked in until you change it.
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 9:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009