What should you see at 6wk sono?

Hi friends,

I had a sono today and by LMP I should be 6w1d. The doctor dated me at 5w3d by the size of the gestational sac (which is all we could see). I only had a sono this early, because I miscarried my first in January. I go back in exactly one week. What did any of you guys see at 5.5wks and what should I be able to see at 6.5wks? I'm terrified I'm miscarrying again since the dating is off again...

Oh and I should add... My cycle has not been exceptionally regular since the last miscarriage, but it has never been late (past 28 days) since. So I really don't get how the dating could be off by almost a week...

Learning2Hope

Asked by Learning2Hope at 8:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well that is normal for that gestation when i was 5 in a half all they saw was the sac and now that i am 6 weeks and 2 or three days there was a heart beat , fetal pole and not much but the heart beat was about 130 on my sono so u should see that around 6 weeks and not much of a baby good luck when are u due maybe we are due around the same time its my 3rd pregnancy!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Same here, just the sac at 4-5 weeks. Went back and got a heartbeat at 8 wks
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I saw a blob that was supposed to be my baby, a very faint heartbeat, and the sac. There wasn't much at all. Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• When I was pregnant last, they saw nothing. I was in the er for bleeding. I thought I had miscarried, but no! I went BACK to the er several days later for more bleeding and saw the baby and a strong heartbeat. It all depends. Also, sometimes dates can be off.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009