Professional tattooed moms

Do you have to cover your art work when you go to work? Has it affected you in promotions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• My entire back is done, over both shoulders almost to breasts. Only an angel is visable in a v necked t-shirt or scrubs. Otherwise nobody knows. I have never had any issue. I did have a DON ask me to wear an undershirt for a few days when they had some big wigs from an insurance company come in. She clearly said SHE didn't have a problem but they didn't want staff rates to increase if some uptight Insurance man had an idea that tats mean a wild lifestyle. That was fine for me. Funny thing...all my ink is POST crazy, chemical trustee years. I didn't get my first until I was 25.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I got mine on my upper arm and cover it when I'm at work.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I only have one tattoo && it's on my hip, so it's always hidden unless I'm naked or in a swim suit.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• my tattoo is not offensive so no one has problems with it, also i had no problem being promoted, I went from $6.75 to $10 without a blink.

Last week I had a chance for management, but i declined cause my goal is to work at home.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2009