working out and your opinion

I weigh about 125, do you think theres hope that I could become toned? I have cellulite and am not happy with me. Do you think bike riding will help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Of course you can become toned, and it doesn't take very long before you'll start seeing muscle definition, especially if you lift weights and use the gym equipment in a club. Bike riding isn't as good a weight bearing exercise (good for the bones) as walking or aerobics, but especially if there is resistance on the pedals you'll get a good leg work out. Use a bike that also has the arm working handlebars, and you'll also get your arm muscles.

Answer by Bmat at 8:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Not so much. You will need to start weight training to help build muscle in your body.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• YES, babycakes said it right. You need to start lifting weights. I'm telling you, my body has toned up SO nicely after i started lifting, & i also began to lose weight when i was not even trying. You will not get bulked up, its not in womans chemistry to get HUGE like men. Woman would have to have the right genetics, spend hours at the gym & take supplements for them to even begin to get "jacked". Trust me, i have been lifting for 3 months now. I have not gotten any "bigger" just my muscles are hard & toned & don't giggle like the used to.

http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/womensfitnesstopics/a/womenmyths.htm

here is a GREAT article about woman & weight training. It's a no brainer, every woman should be lifting not only to look good, but for health.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I've got a bit of a funny story about that- when I was in high school I needed to get off the fad diet kick so I lifted weights. When the other girls were munching on carrot sticks and celery trying to get smaller, I was making sure I was eating lots of protein since I was lifting.
    When it came time for the prom, (keep in mind I'm a very busty woman) my mom was asking for dresses that came over the shoulder - ie 'modest' dresses.
    With my shoulders and arms They couldn't fit me in anything but a strapless!
    The dress had these elastic lace pieces that were supposed to go tight on the arms- they had to let them out to hand on me because when I moved my muscles would flex and they'd pop!
    The dress looked wonderful, but my pre prom exercising to try and look better had built muscle to where the dress was tight! :)
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 12:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2009