i don't drive but I would really love to.BUT.....

what scares me are the crazy drivers out there. Im in the passengers seat and I already get panicky .But certain family members think thats silly and that I just need to get behind the wheel and drive. I just don't think they know how scary this makes me feels . so I guess my question is am I being silly ornot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't feel lonely I feel the same way I've been trying to get my license for a long time . I'm nearly 29 years old and still trying. I have been behind the wheel but not much. When I get behind the wheel I get excited then I stop practicing I don't want to drive for awhile. But I do want to drive. I need to be able to take my kids to the doctor I mean my husband does all the driving now but you know with me not driving it makes things more difficult. So I understand all to well.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a phobia has started. They say one way to get over a phobia is immersion. If you want to kick your fear, you need to try to drive at least.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It's different when your the one in control of the vehicle. There are quite a few things that my SO does while he's driving that scare the crap out of me, but I do the same things when I'm driving && they don't scare me at all because I'm the one in control. It's always scary at first, but after you've been driving for a couple of months, it'll feel like you been doing it your whole life && you'll be much more comfortable. I think you should go for it, you'll love the independence it brings. You don't have to wait around for someone to give you a ride, you can just get up && go.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i would try it in a quiet part of town, if you are still nervous about it i would see a therapist of some sort. like poster #1 sounds like aphobia. good luck
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I agree with the mama that said it's totally different when you are driving and in control.. I'm the same way when someone else drives.. I panic and freak out but as long as i'm driving i'm fine
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2009