What can I do?

Our daughter will not sleep in her bed. We put her in her bed and she takes he blankets and pillow off the bed and sleeps on the hardwood floor and when u move her back to her bed after she falls asleep she wakes up and returns to her spot on the floor. What can we do for her? Why is she doing this?

baby_caleb2008

Asked by baby_caleb2008 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son did this at age 2. I asked his doctor and was told that their minds work so fast at that age that it's hard to figure out what they are thinking. He said just let him do it and he would eventually stop, which he did.

Answer by Bmat at 9:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• You can try moving the mattress to the floor and let her sleep on it there. Could be she likes being closer to the floor for security.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Let her be. Not a big deal for her to sleep on the floor. My son is almost 13 and he still likes sleeping on my hardwood floor. Maybe they just like hard sufaces. Get her a sleeping bag so she isn't directly on the floor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009