The Holy land experience?

Has anyone here been to "The Holy land?" It is in Tampa, and I really wanted to go. Just wanted input. Maybe the wrong name just heard about it the other day. God bless!

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • I went about 6yrs ago with my grandparents just to check out. I think it is expensive, but I was quite surprised it was actually an interesting place to visit. I was only like 15 and that it was not a place I would have chosen on my own, but I was glad I went. The exhibits were neat to look at, and I did not feel like they were trying to 'sell God.' However like I said it has been a while and they may have changed it. It was not a theme park , it was really just exhibits and things to look at.

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 7:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I wish it would come to CA
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yea that is pretty far for you huh? If it is God's will I pray I get to see it one day.God bless!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I saw that on Religulous. Commercializing Christ...not very respectful in my way of thinking.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I agree anetrnlov. I'm not so sure how happy Christ would be if he sawa people making money of him.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yeah, I was going to say I saw it on Religulous too. My favorite part of that section was when the camera panned to the airplane flying overhead and ruining the seriousness of Jesus's crucifixion.

I think it's kind of wrong to turn a religion into an amusement park.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Exactly caitxrawks.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It's not in Tampa, it's actually in Orlando. I know because it about a block away. I haven't ever been, because I refuse to spend my money someplace like that. If I ever figure out when they offer their one free day a year, I might go.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• http://youmademesayit.blogspot.com/

my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Oh, I thought this was about ISRAEL! I have been to the REAL Holy Land (Israel) and it was awesome! If I ever recommended anything to you, it would be to go there! I went for 2 1/2 weeks when I was 16, and if the Lord makes a way, I plan on returning one day!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009