my husband and i want another child

i was on the depo for almost 2yrs my last shot was in october of 08 and never went back in jan for another shot. the last time i had a period was in feb of 08. i have heard stories about it takes months sometimes even yrs to be able to of a child after there depo. what can i do to beable to have another child it will be a whole yr in october when i last took depo

Jaqaismommy

Asked by Jaqaismommy at 9:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I dont know what u could do to speed it up but i took the depo for only 8 months and it took me a year to have my son..it could be different for some people though- good luck
    Anonymous

• Everyone is different of course; however, there have been some reports of delayed fertility after being on Depo Provera. If you think that you are having trouble conceiving you need to make an appt. with your OB. He or she will ask when you went off Depo and what your periods were like before you went on. Have you been actively trying for at least 6 months? Have you tried using the ovulation detectors sold OTC at local pharmacies? Your OB can give you better info than this site about this topic. He or she can also test your hormone levels and recommend treatment options if necessary.
    kmarie66

Answer by kmarie66 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2009