What are some good hairstyles.....

for someone with long hair (past shoulders and is thick)? I posted this in beauty and style but no one was answering :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had long thick hair my whole life, it was curly and to my thighs. I would always put it in two french braids, or even 3-one down the middle and one on each side.- I Or just had one big really long french braid. Also, I love the look of a high pony tail, really str8. Like a jennie pony tail. But a nice change for a night is pulling the two sides up and clip them back
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I have the same kind of hair and I do different things. Sometimes my hair is half up half down, sometimes I straighten it, sometimes I part it crooked and put a ponytail in it. I do lots of different things with it.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 9:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I have waist length wavy hair....if you are going to put it up, a loose bun that is a little messy works well.
    I find that putting it in a hair elastic (in a mock ponytail style)is good. On the last time pulling the hair through the pony tail, don't complete the motion. So the ends don't come all the way through on the last pass, leaving the pony tail at half it's length. The little ends sticking out the bottom pin them out of sight. Then on each side of the non-pass through style pony use bobby pins so that it looks fuller and larger. Don't pull the hair so tight that it looks like you've given youself a mini face lift.
    It can either go messy or super controlled looking and it gets the hair off the back of your neck in this heat. It can also be buisness place appropiate as it looks like a sleek updo that is not too 'wedding-ish".
    And if you are wearing it down, some small Loren Conrad style braids work.
    pink.toes

Answer by pink.toes at 9:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2009