Potty Training Advice??

My son is 20 months old and I feel he may be ready for potty training. Any recommendations on how to get started, beneficial books/practices/rewards, etc??

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 9:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried buying a potty watch? It's only 9.95 and it chimes every 30 minutes to remind your child to go to the potty.
    Marquisesmom

Answer by Marquisesmom at 9:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• He doesn't even really sit on his training potty yet- he just pulls it apart or puts play food into the "recepticle".
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My son just turned 25 months. I started with a singing potty chair and what really helps is having him watch you use the toilet (ya i know). I use the word pottty alot and how good it is and i make up little jingles that he likes and he used to be scared of the potty and then he began to sit on it for longer periods of time, i sat and watched for 10 minutes one day until im like ok im done and i walked out of the bathroom and low and behold.. he went pee pee! and i made a deal like i had won a million dollars.. he was so excited that i was happy and then he moved on up to the big toilet and hes so proud of himself.. he still goes in his pants if u dont take him, but once he pees his diaper he will take it off. Signs i knew he was ready was taking off his diaper when he had to go and urinated on the floor.. or liking the potty for once.. or when i said you going pee pee he would point to his diaper.
    MickeysMom19

Answer by MickeysMom19 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2009