Not regular movement from baby... Don't know whether to worry or not.

I am 6 months and a week along now, and for the last couple days the baby hasn't been moving like he should. I can lay down for close to an hour and not get anywhere near 10 kicks. I have tried showers and foods and juice and it doesn't seem to wake him up. I can poke around my tummy, and nothing. I know that your tummy can change when the baby moves, but my stomach was rock solid before, and it's pretty smooshy now. Thing is, the baby does move some. I called my doctor today, and I was about to go to the ER but then he kicked me 4 times in a row, then stopped, and nothing since. yesterday I didn't feel him all day long, until I got ONE decent kick before I fell asleep. It doesn't seem like I am nearly far enough along that he is getting really cramped yet, so I don't know. If he is still moving, should I stop worrying, or should I just make my doctor see me so I can figure out exactly what's going on? What would you do?

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 9:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i woul go see the doctor. to be sure the babie is OK.
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would go see the doc but I think that I read something saying that when the baby is going through a growth spurt all it does is sleep so maybe thats why you may not be feeling movement?! I dunno I would go see the doc though
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 10:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2009