What is something romantic to do for your 1st anniversary?

Any ideas? I know the traditional thing says "paper" but I wanted to do something special...

Mrs.Wasson

Asked by Mrs.Wasson at 10:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Go back to the first place you met. Or the area you met. Have a nice dinner or picnic or something.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• DH and i are getting back in our wedding attire and pretending like we just got married. our 1st will be on the 25th. He'll be home on R&R for our special day.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• LOL if DH and i did what TheDiva recomended we'd be having a picnic in the middle of our local K-mart! lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I don't know if you would find it romantic, but since it is the "paper" anniversary I got DH and I tickets to a ballgame. We live in Detroit and went to a Tigers game the day we were engaged (he proposed that evening, NOT at the game). It was pretty cool.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• For our paper anniversary we wrote each other love letters. I still have the one he wrote me, and I take it out and read it when we've been fighting. Simple but romantic, and lasts for years!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• People might look at you funny if you have a picnic in the middle of Kmart! LOL

You could also do this: sit down together and write down your goals that you want completed by a certain day like 10yrs or 15yrs. Goals for you, your family or whatever. Then mail them to yourselves and hang on to them. Don't open them til that anniversary (10yr or 15yr.)

I saw that in a show, i though it was super cute and a really good idea.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My DH just got back from deployment when we got married... so going back to GA isn't somethin we can do right now, but it's a good idea! I have no clue where my wedding dress is tho...
    Mrs.Wasson

Answer by Mrs.Wasson at 10:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I am going to have my 1 year anniversary with my soon to be hubby (were gettin married a few days after that) but I met him through this guys I was dating "online" who "cheated" on me. My fiancee was his best friend and texted me to tell me I was a b*tch lol and now we are together lol. We met in person after talking for a few months on 10-26-08 and we will have been together a year on 10-26-09 and we already have a baby who will be almost 2 months old lol. I love my fiancee!
    moodywife

Answer by moodywife at 4:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2009