Is this really true..?

I've heard from a few people and read on a few webistes, that having sex while im on my period can increase my chances of getting pregnant. I personaly think having sex on my period is gross and dont think i'd ever do it... i was just trying to get other thoughts...

MarineDream771

Asked by MarineDream771 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have never heard of that and I doubt that it's true. You can only get pregnant if there's an egg present. Typically there is no egg while you are pregnant. The egg that was there died about 72 hours after it was released after it left the ovary. But don't discount getting pregnant while on your period because it's happened and it can happen...but it's rare. But the idea that having sex while you're on your period to increase your chances of getting pregnant is odd. Chart with BBT and CM and/or use OPK to know when you're ovulating. Have sex the day before, the day of and the day after ovulating to increase your chances of getting pregnant. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I got pregnant when I had sex on the 4th or 5th day of my period. It does happen.
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• You can ONLY get pregnant when you are ovulating, three days a month. This happens apprx 14 days after your period. You get your next period when the egg you ovulated does not get fertilized. This flushes the egg out and there is no chance of becoming pregnant during that cycle. Bleeding can occur that is not truly menses related and can be mistaken for a period, explaining why some women believe they were impregnated durning their period.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 10:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I got pregnant while on my period, but it ended in miscarriage. My friedn also got preggo while on her period, and she has a 6 year old ds!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 11:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• 3 times I got pregnant on the last day of, or day after mine
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• There's no exact formula, I hate to say it , it really depends on your body, If you feel having sex while having AF is gross then don't do it. the best time is according your cycle when your ovulating is the best time to try and conceive. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2009