What do you think, I should do? Or who do you think is right? Overall, what do you think, when I am between 34 to 36 weeks?

my doctor gave me a sonogram and my baby was small, so he sent me to another doctor. that doctor i just saw today and he thinks that my baby is small, because of three reasons. he may just be meant to be small, which is rare. he has down syndrome, but my other doctor gave me taht test and my baby passed. or he could not be getting what he needs, and that could result in a steal birth. so, they want to induce my labor, and get him out, in case it is number three. but my husband doesn't think that they have my date right and that is why he is small. i don't know, but i don't want my son to come out yet, but i will have my labor induced, if it will save his live. i've never been so helpless or depressed about anything, since i was born, so i have to know, what you think. because to me, my baby is just right, he does just what every mother told me he would and i wasn't worried until i went to the doctor.

sherlockhlm

Asked by sherlockhlm at 10:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Personally, unless the drs are strong about it, I'd try to wait until at least 36 weeks, at that point, the baby can be born and still be healthy and ok. Before that you run the risk of him ending up in NICU or something like that. Try not to worry though. Most importantly, trust your doctors. They know what they are doing.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• do you think you're due date is off? how far off is the baby measuring? when do they want to induce you, maybe you could ask them to wait until you are about 37 weeks? at least you are a little closer to full term then. if it were me, you've had 2 opinions now, and they are the same opinions, so i wouldn't want to have a premie but if it meant that my baby would be healthy than i'd have to do it for the babies sake.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Did you have an ultrasound in the first trimester? Or was the second trimester ultrasound your first one? If you didn't get an ultrasound in the first trimester, I think it could be possible that your husband could be right. Based on my periods, I was due originally on August 4th. I had an ultrasound in the first trimester and was found to only be 8 weeks along when they thought I was 11 weeks. Honestly, I don't know what I would do in your situation. You could always go to a third doctor and get another opinion.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i have a sonogram at 16 weeks, 21 weeks and then at 35 weeks, as teh sonogram photos say, so i did have it my first trimester but, i said 34 to 36 weeks, because my husband has me at 34 weeks, i had me at 35 weeks and the doctor has me at 36 weeks, as of this week, which i conformed with just this evening, when i counted from my suspected consepion date. so i'm not sure what to do, but my neighbors think that i should wait and they want to comet othe doctor with me, on my next visit so that they can help me decided.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 11:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i think if your dr thinks this is whats best then go for it try to hold out to the 37th week tho. either way it goes you really need to ask yourself if you are will to let your baby stay inside of you and possibly be a still birth or get him out and get him the help and meds he needs to survive. My mom lost my lil bro like that and i dont wish that on anyone to bury thier child. Good luck and get him out and healthy.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• If your baby does have to come early and does have to stay in NICU its not a bad thing. The first pster made it sound like it was a bad thing if it had to be in NICU. yeah maybe you wont be able to bring him home right away, but they can take great care of your baby if it does have to be in there. My son was in NICU for 2 weeks and he is now a healthy 18 month old. If it wasnt for the NICU he may not be here.

So dont go by the first post please. Thats all I ask.
    Anonymous