Bacon and temp of electric skillet

So I like my bacon done, but not so crisp it shatters like glass, and it always seems to turn out that way cooking it in my electric skillet. I use it with the temp at HI. Should I lower the heat, or keep the cover off, or wait till the skillet is hot to put it in (I put it in a cold skillet because that's what the package said.) or what? How do I do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I cook mine on a sheet pan in the oven on 400 for like 15-25 mins depending on how done who ever is eating it wants it.. Works like a charm every time and is so much easier if you have to cook alot.. Sometimes I flip it once and sometimes I don't flip it at all.
    Mom2Joshua

Answer by Mom2Joshua at 4:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I hate the electric skillet but if you put it in the skillet when cold and then turn it on high..you need to watch it..it will burn in less then 2minutes. When I cook bacon I keep the stove on medium but I watch it very carefully. I never put a lid on it and check it every 5 seconds flipping it over and over. If the skillet is hot when you put it in the skillet careful it my pop and hit you with hot grease. Best to put it in a cold skillet and watch it carefully on medium heat with no lid.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 2:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I've not cooked bacon in an electric skillet for years. I do cook mine on a griddle however. I keep the heat on medium high, and turn it frequently. I've never put a cover on bacon either.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2009