is it bad if i dont feel my baby move for a day

i have felt my baby move all the time and just today have not felt him move at all. but i am not bleeding or cramping if you can help me plase let me know

thank you

mellie09

Asked by mellie09 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's probably fine. If you don't feel anything tomorrow I would call your DR and voice your concerns.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes, it is. And I would be in the er. I didn't feel my baby move for a day and she died in utero 5 days before her dd. I'm not trying to scare you, but for peace of mind, you may want to get him checked out. Are you POSITIVE the baby hasn't moved? Before we found out my baby died, the doc called and told us told eat or drink and walk around. my baby girl loved food, so when she didn't move after that, we went to the er.

A day without moving is not normal for a 3rd trimester pregnancy. The movements do tend to decrease as the baby grows because of lack of space. But they usually do not completely stop abruptly.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I pray everything is ok. I suggest you call or page your doctor. I agree when you are further along you should feel your baby move everyday. Have you tried drinking something cold or eat something sweet?
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It could be fine, but I would definately call your doc asap and ask them. They are the only ones who can say for sure!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 11:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• If you are early to mid 2nd trimester, it MIGHT be normal to feel movements evrywhere day and not the next day, but if you are anywhere near your 3rd, get your butt to the ER immediately!
    Anonymous

• i did the same thing. i called the doctor and they told me to drink a big glass of ice water and lay down completely still for one hour and count the babys movements and if he hadnt moved atleast 4 or 5 times within the hour to get to the hospital. not trying to scare you, but thats what they said. i did it and he moved like crazy but try that and see if it helps.
    froggiedee

Answer by froggiedee at 12:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2009