Do you think a nice bath would lure the baby out of my ribs??

im desperate.... he hurts!!!

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 10:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if the bath does not work try an ice cube. when my daughter would get in my ribs i would take a piece of ice and rub where she was.. after a few min she would move.. my great great grandmother taught me this.. it worked everytime (with me) .
    good luck!!!

ohh, and she said drink really cold water! that worked great also!
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 11:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Oh my goodness! I was in SO much pain when my 1st baby kept pushing under my ribs! The ONLY relief I could get was in the bath tub! I think I spent the majority of my last month in the tub. I remember sleeping in there too!! When the water got cold, I would run more warm water so I could get some rest!

Good Luck to you!! I hope a warm bath helps!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• LOL! I posted the same thing about 4:30am. I couldn't sleep last night. It felt like he was curled up in my ribs. I ended up taking a shower and laying down, switching sides. Then when I drank some orange juice he moved around and got out of that position. It's not a good feeling. GL!
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• the only thing that helped me was walking. i would walk for about 15-30 mins and then he would dislodge, but he loved that area. so, i was walking A LOT!!!
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• ..LOL IDK. IF UR BABY IS LIKE MINE HE WONT CARE WHAT U TRY...BATHS, ICE, TAPPING, PUSHING WALKING, GETIN ON ALL FOURS..HE'LL STILL STAY UP THERE.I FEEL LIKE MY RIBS ARE ALL BROKEN ON MY RIGHT SIDE..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Lol, My daughter was lodged in my ribs untill she dropped. I'm short (5'2) so it was very uncomfortable for me. Most of the time nothing worked, but every once in a while if I drank something sugary (like juice, not soda) and laid down on my left side she'd move a bit. But mostly I had to wait for her to rop, and now I'm wishing she hadnt. No matter where that baby goes its uncomfortable! Lol. Good Luck. =)
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 12:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• "Lol, My daughter was lodged in my ribs untill she dropped. I'm short (5'2) so it was very uncomfortable for me."

Me too! I'm 5'2" and I didn't get any real relief until she was born (she never "dropped") But the bath did help a little.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2009