symptomless fever?

My 10mth old DS has been running a fever sice last night. It goes between 99.2 and 101.1 and after getting tylenol drops to 98-99'ish .He has no symptoms. He's eating fine. He's playing and laughing, but I just took his temp and its at 101.1. What would be causing this?

Auntiemom410

Asked by Auntiemom410 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Temps are the body's way of fighting infection. He is just fighting off an infection and seems to have a rather low grade temp. (trust me, i've taken my kids to the er for temps like these only to be sent home and told to get motrin).

I wouldn't worry unless it goes on for several days.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It could be an ear infection. My son NEVER showed signs with an ear infection. Still never does. Or, if he's at that age, it could be from teething.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• yup to all above. get motrin. when my kids have a fever tyenol doesnt work it has to be motrin.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 11:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2009