Need ideas for bridal shower..

I'm the maid of honor for my friends wedding.. and am hosting the bridal shower at my home.. for about 15 people. I need help coming up with dishes. It's sort of a Spa/Pagan theme. I figured on starting off with some small dishes (cheese, crackers, and a fruit/veggie tray).. but not sure what to do for a meal (that's cheap).. maybe do a pass the dish... but any meal ideas so I can tell others what to bring would be great. I was going to set it up so we play a few games in the beginning, and do a get to know, then give the bride a spa treatment.. then move on to dinner and gifts.

so any dinner ideas?

game ideas?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 10:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• To go along with her games you could do the toilet paper bride. Make teams and they have to make a dress with the TP. or like at most I have been to they do the who has the most random things in their purse. basically write a list of stuff to look for and if they have it they get a point. (just fun to see what weird things people carry with them).
    On food her chicken is a good idea. and have people bring like pasta salad, fruit, veggies....if you plan on alcohol, I have recently found pudding shots are delicious! (use Bailys or Irish Cream). Sounds gross, but I love them.
    blgann

Answer by blgann at 1:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• games: have the MIL or mother of the bride leave the room to pick up a tray full of kitchen utensils, tell everyone to pay close attention, but not what they are paying attention to. she then walks around the room showing what is on the tray, then leaves the room, after shes gone you tell everyone to write what she is wearing down. closest wins./ pass the bouquet, dollar store sells $1 bouquets, just like musical chairs/the pin game, everyone gets a pin on their shirt (or something else shower related, maybe a bath sponge to wear on their wrist, something fun) and is told they can't say bride or wedding, then if someone says it whoever hears them first gets their pin, most pins end of shower wins
    for food, maybe go with a chicken plate? some kind of baked chicken, that can be made to look really pretty on a plate, just ask that the rest of the bridal shower come early to help cook and that they contribute to the cost. CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• or a soup and sandwhich or soup and salad type meal. that is cheap as well but if you make the soup homemade still nice, and its a light meal so goes with the spa theme.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2009