party idea's help?

I'm the maid of honor for my friends wedding.. and am hosting the bridal shower at my home.. for about 15 people. I need help coming up with dishes. It's sort of a Spa/Pagan theme. I figured on starting off with some small dishes (cheese, crackers, and a fruit/veggie tray).. but not sure what to do for a meal (that's cheap).. maybe do a pass the dish... but any meal ideas so I can tell others what to bring would be great. I was going to set it up so we play a few games in the beginning, and do a get to know, then give the bride a spa treatment.. then move on to dinner and gifts.

so any dinner ideas?

game ideas?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 10:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Italian is always cheap. Lasanga, salad, breadsticks mmmmm
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• If you're doing a spa theme you could have finger sandwiches for dinner (inexpensive and can be done ahead of time), chicken salad on mini croissants, cucumber sandwiches, etc... If you want a hot meal you could buy a ham and have people bring side dishes.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It's a bridal shower. Cheap isn't supposed to be the first thing considered. Maybe you should rethink this whole maid of honor thing.
    Anonymous

• anon.. if your going to be rude, then don't respond.. there are plenty of ways to save money without skimping on the bride... personally I'd rather put the money into her gift, than worrying about spending a fortune on decorations for this party. I have some ideas already on how to help EVERYONE save money, so that it's spend on the bride, rather than the party.

sorry, but as I said... if you are going to be rude, then don't respond.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• thank you for the italian idea.. it fits well with a Greek Goddess type of theme which I think I've decided on.. that's what I'm going to do :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2009