He won't let calls come through

My youngest DD just got a cell phone. Both her and her big sister visit their dad 3 day's a week. He has told them not to answer their phone when I call, and for them not to call me. He feels when they are with him, they should be "with him" and not have me "interfering". However, I never tell my DD's they can or cannot make or receive a call from their dad. Will this look bad on his part to a judge, or should I mind my own business when they are over at their dads? They are 11 & 14 and are afraid to go behind his back and call me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• A judge will say that it's his time and that you should let him have that time. My ex was reversed, he'd call all the time to "talk to our son" and the judge told him that he could because it's his son and I need to let him talk to him. At the time, my son was 2.5!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• You should be able to call as long as it is not excessive and interfering on their fathers time and your daughters should not feel fear to call you and should not have to go behind their fathers back, I would tell him to change his attitude or you will hire a lawyer to change it for him
    Anonymous

• I couldn't imagine not talking to your kids for 3 days, even on the phone. Too bad he is being this way.
    What would he do if they did call you or took a call from you? Why are they afraid to cross him?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2009