gift idea help??

Both my mother and fathers birthdays are this month, and I want to do something nice for them.. with a really low budget this month..

any ideas on a nice craft idea I could do for them? They are into boating and their Yacht club and decorating their deck there, and golfing.. pm me if you have any other questions.. but any ideas would be GREAT :).

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 10:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• do you have a pic of them or their boat? better yet, them on the boat? you could have it blown up, poster-size, frame it rather modestly, if you're handly with a nail/glue gun/molding. you could even use acrylic, cheaper than glass, for the frame. or, have it done mural-sized, and wallpaper it to a wall in their home. (of course, you'd know if this was okay with them first, right?)
    oooh! i know. back to the pic-idea. they have large frames in the hobby stores with excess matting, to write stuff on. you could use a smaller/regular size photo (5x7, 8x10), then write a 'letter' to them on the matting. written words mean a lot to parents.
    just a thought.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• A golf ball monogramer is pretty inexpensive (I think $10 or less) if they don't already have one. You could go to Hobby Lobby and see if there are any wood boat projects that you could paint to match their boat.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• you could get one of those wooden signs for them to put on their deck..
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 11:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• * thehairnazi and

* sophiebethmom
    thank you for your answers.. I think I'm going to combine the two ideas.. make a wood plaque, with their names on it (with little clips on the bottom so I can have their status in the club posted below).. and use the idea of the picture of their boat and make a flag out of a cartoon photo of their boat..
    thank you both.. i'm going to flip a coin to decide the best answer.. (only because I think you should both get it, and I can only pick one).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2009