Any close encounters with wildlife?

So I live in Orlando, in a condo, on a lake. The other morning my neighbor woke me up, pounding on my bedroom window, desperately trying to tell me not to open my front door. Apparently an 8 ft gator had wandered down the hallway, and was cornered right outside my front door. I looked out my kitchen window, and was face to face with it. About 45 minutes later, three men came and wrestled it. Taped it's mouth and legs, and hauled it off. My boys (5 and 3), got a front row seat for the whole thing, and my 5 year old was even brave enough to go touch it (after it was all taped up). According to my neighbors there could be 2 or 3 more still in the lake. Needless to say my boys are not allowed outside on their own, and when walking back and forth to the car they need to stay right by my side.

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 10:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, with my mother in law
    Anonymous

• Nothing as exciting as a gator, but it's pretty funny, looking back....

I heard a ruckus out on my front porch one night. It was really late, and my husband was already asleep, so I decided to investigate. I figured it was one of our cats, but I had put a bag of garbage out there for him to pick up the next morning, and I didn't want it torn open. Of course, when I flicked on the porch light, the bulb blew, so I only had our security light a little ways down the driveway to see by. (I live in the boonies!) I was in my jammies, and hadn't bothered with shoes. I got about a foot away from the top step when I looked down.... And saw the biggest, fattest raccoon that I'd ever seen. I was afraid to move (those little boogers can be mean), but he started inching closer to my bare feet, sniffing like he was trying to figure out what I was. He was only a few inches away when I lost my nerve, screamed, and ran back inside!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 10:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• LOL 3_is_enough!

I haven't but my sister had a bobcat about attack her in the backyard last week! We live in KY way away from the mountains, so we can't figure out how he got here! lol

Speaking of animals out of place, I've seen 2 pelicans in my yard this week o.O
    I thought they preferred the ocean! lol
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Nothing major also but the suprise and fear I felt was paralyzing, one summer night I was having a beer and I wanted to go let a lime off my tree. It was very dark and as I ran towards the tree (Iwas running because of course the boogeyman is out there) lol and if I had not looked up from watching where I stepped and the way the moonlight was shining I stopped dead in my tracks and was like an inch away one of the biggest hairey spiders I have ever seen in my life. OMG I get chills remembering it.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• well, I live in the mountains,so we've had our fair share of wild animals... When I was in high school, we'd have to leave the house @ 6:30 a.m. to get to the bus stop on time (it was a looong bus ride) and on particularly dark morning, I stepped out onto our porch and went to pet the cats and realized that the one I thought I was about to pet was rubbing up against my leg, and when I looked closer @ the "impostor" I realized it was an opossum that thought he was just one of the gang!
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 11:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yours is so much more exciting than mine. My son and I were chased by geese at the zoo. Needless to say, we left and haven't been back because he is afraid of the geese. I am so glad that the admission to that zoo was free when it happened.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2009