My five year old daughter goes to the bathroom alot and has started peeing the bed earlier this year, Is this normal or could it be a sign of anything else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You may want to get her checked for a uti or bladder infection. My daughter started doing that when she had an infection.
    Anonymous

• my daughter did this @ 5 too - she had to go to a specialist & get medication. i dont remember the exact details it was so long ago but , it ended up her being so constipated & backed up it actually affected her bladder control... i would get her checked out just to make sure.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• ...it could be several things. One of which the previous two moms mentioned. Another might be a psychological problem. Some kids wet the bed because of medical problems, others involve emotional or mental issues. Either way, you should have her checked out. You also might want to talk to her to see if there is something bothering her.
    I found out years ago that my niece was wetting her bed because of mental abuse from her step mother (she tried to tell me about it when I asked her about it but every time I tried to talk to my niece, the step-mother would interrupt our privacy/conversation). She suffered from this for years and was afraid to tell my brother/her father about it because she was threatened not to - or else!
    (On the positive note...they're divorced now and my nice is very normal).
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 10:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• All of the above. My daughter had the same problem as scooterpooter, only difference is that she didn't wet the bed, but was having many "accidents". We got it cleared up with antibiotics and a prescribed laxative. However, she's begun the "accidents" again. So now I have to make another appointment with the dr. and have her intestines rechecked for blockage.
    mrslourob

Answer by mrslourob at 11:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2009