Formula to Whole Milk??

My daughter is 11 monts old so we are getting ready for whole milk. Are you supposed to use whole milk or 2% milk?? Should you give a little formula and a little milk or switch over totally. I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks

Annette4797

Asked by Annette4797 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I switched both my girls to whole milk at about that age. I mixed it with their formula roughly half and half for about a week or so, then just gave them the milk by itself. She still needs all the extra calories that are in the whole milk, so I would hold off on the 2% until she's closer to two.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• whole milk.. and the switching is your prefrance.. we started at 11 months mixing milk and formula,, more formula than milk then adding more and more milk... but we also gave it in a sippy not a bottle
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We're doing this right now with my son too, we just introduced whole milk last week. He's been getting 1oz. of whole milk to 6oz of formula and we plan to slowly increase it by an ounce of whole milk every week or so until his bottles are all milk. He'll be 11 months on Friday.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• At 11 months we switched straight to whole milk. But now he gets 2% bc he didn't like the whole, but his doctor says either is fine.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i just switch him at 12 months almost and it was just milk he did fine
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 11:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i just started giving my dd whole milk in a sippy cup or bottle when her formula ran out
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2009