Tacky?

Does anyone else think that outrageous nail polish colors on a grown woman looks tacky? It's really weird but my boss said that he didn't feel comfortable hiring a woman with electric blue nail polish.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I certainly wouldn't wear it to an interview, but I don't see anything wrong with having a little fun and wearing something "splashy" once in a while.
    I actually have an ocean blue nail polish that I have worn several times and rec'd compliments from other women on it. I like it because it reminds me of the beach and the ocean and lifts my spirits when I look at it.
    I have to admit though, it looks tacky when it starts to chip off (but then again so does any bold color)
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Honestly...I do think it looks kinda tacky on an older woman. It depends on the color, but overall...I think electric blue looks best on a 13 year old....if on anyone!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I wanted to add....on the toes, get as crazy as you want with the color, lol!
    StefanieN84

• For a job interview (unless you're applying to be a stripper lol) it's best to stick with what's classic and conservative. I understand what he means!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i think any color is fine, if that's the way you like it. i love going crazy with bold colors on my nails, and i don't think i'll change when i'm older. i love seeing 'old' women live it up! there's no law saying you have to wear red (predictable!), french (boring!) or frosty pinks (can we say medicinal?)..with so many colors to choose from, why not choose whatever strikes your fancy?!?!?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• lol I wear bright colors. NOT picking up an application or job interview. Not professional at all.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yeah, not for a job interview! But, wearing black nailpolish is trendy, not goth anymore as long as it's done right and I always wear pink that turns to purple in the sun during summer. Nail polish is supposed to be fun! Electric blue to an interview. Tacky.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• fine on toes, tacky on fingers.
    just not work appropriate.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009