Have you heard of this? Would you try it?

They came out with this pill that I believe is essentially a fiber pill and when you take it, it expands into a ball in your stomach decreasing your appetite for up to 6 hours and then it dissolves into a fiber supplement. It's supposed to help you lose weight by making you eat less because you feel full. I think I want to try it..would you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• maybe look it up on amazon for reviews
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Fiber is a great way to feel full! I would prefer to get mine NOT in a pill but in the food I eat. The feeling of fullness that you get would still not prevent you from eating high calorie, nutritionally empty foods. If you were to eat more high fiber foods like fresh/steamed veggies in salads or in meals, fresh fruits with a skin and whole grain foods like All-Bran (1/3 recommended fiber in just one serving) then you get the nutrition along with the fiber.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think it sounds ligit! I know fiber really helps you out in being healthy and filling you up, so if you are afraid of having to eat certain foods to get that, I would go for it. What is the pill called? I have been looking for something like too!
    Sophimom

Answer by Sophimom at 11:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• what is it called? I would like to research it. Sounds interesting....i would LOVE for something to keep me from wanting to eat all day....lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I remember hearing about one several years ago. It cause many deaths; some people choked to death from pieces swelling in their throats; other people had blockages in their stomachs.
    When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids. Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I think rkoloms is right- I came from a house where there was lots of obsessing about weight. My mom would go on these weird diets, cut out lots of nutrients then eat a half gallon of ice cream while watching exercise videos (so she could give her friends a report on the video to 'prove' she watched it)- I started doing a lot of the same quick fixes when I was a teen and now am on the wagon from a eating disorder. Once I got a healthier attitude (I thank Richard simmons!) my health has improved a lot. Doctors say it's because I got off the roller coaster. I'm heavier than I used to be, but ironically my health is much better than it was about 75 pounds ago.
    The quick fixes are not worth it.
    I do hope to loose some weight, but that's not the main point. I need more energy and exercise and a more balanced way of looking at things helps (cont)
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 12:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• with that. Richard Simmons slide a meal has helped a lot, and I like the web site http://www.nutridiary.com
    Nurtridiary.com helps a lot when you need to decide if the cookies you want are worth the extra 20 or so extra situps :) It's easy to use- you can just click on what you ate and factor in when you've exercised by playing with your child, washing dishes, walking upstais, etc.
    Richard Simmons sweatn' to the oldies tapes are fun- if you have kids they might even like doing them too.
    I personally wouldn't use any pills and certainly not anything that expands in your stomach- sounds like trouble to me!
    LadyAronna

• rkoloms IS right but I still want to try it. It's called TrimBall-EXP200.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• The company is being sued for false advertiseing AGAIN because people noticed the pills weren't even dissolving, and it didn't do anything at all for them. In other words, THEY DON'T WORK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2009