What do you think HE REALLY wants??

My husband has talked several times about having a baby. We're both on the same page..or so I thought. He brings it up when he wants to have sex or when I'm upset. We have been trying for a few years and he even brought up the idea that we should get fertility tested. I've been through the prelim. tests. He keeps saying, "maybe next month if it doesn't happen..." I let him know when I'm ovulating and tell him to wake me when he comes home from work (he works 2nd shift) and the last few times he said that he didn't want to wake me at 2:00 am. When he didn't I brought up that he tells me to let him know when it's a good time, and he doesn't act on it. He said that he didn't know why I wanted him to wake me - he just thought it was routine sex. Do you think he's avoiding something or do you think that he really wants to conceive. He has said several times that he wants to. We're running out of bio. time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Usually men just don't understand how it all works. Maybe is scared to get tested bc there might be a problem with him.
    Anonymous

• I think he might be tired from working and just not feel like it. Most men stop being complete nymphos when they mature enough to have a family. I think stressing about getting pregnant could keep you from it happening and also ruin your sex life eventually. Make sure after you don't get up right away. Put a pillow under you or lift your legs up on the wall. I know it sounds cheesy, but it does work. If you 2 are really serious I'd go to a doc.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• You got 2 options,ask him just like you asked us,hopefully he will tell you the truth how he feels,second option,calm down,and let nature take it course, your DH may be tired of making love on cue. I wish you luck.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would say from the sounds of it your man may be reconsidering trying or he really doesn't feel it's love making anymore it's all about making a baby, which makes men think it's a chore, which we don't enjoy doing chores do we? So, if you haven't already sit down with your hubby and discuss things. If you guys are feeling like your running out of time, that can add alot of stress to any marriage. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i'm trying aswell and i had a hard time explaining the whole ovulation thing to my husbpand. I think your husbpand is just a MAN...
    ihope

Answer by ihope at 12:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2009