How to calm down a jealous fiance?

So I get looked at some times. Mostly because I am heavily tattooed. Every once in a blue moon, I get hit on. And I am talking like, its rare.
So before I got engaged and had a baby, I got dressed every day. Then I had my baby and I don't get all dolled up any more. The other day, I found out that I'd reached my goal weight *YAY!* and I wanted to get all sexy and go out. SO I got dressed up and we went out. I got looked at and it felt good! I worked my butt off to loose that weight! But not even ten min.s into the night, my fiance is sulking in a corner- bc he said he didnt like the outfit I had on (a lowcut tank and cutoff- not even a hot outfit) bc guys were looking at me.
Now hes not even talking to me and I feel like crap. But at the same time, screw him, I want to look good. And I don't care who looks at me. I want to look good for him. He doesnt believe me though!
Has anyone else had this happen? Howd you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• awwe he just loves you!!!
    Anonymous

• maybe if you dressed more modest but attractive you could both be happy!
    Anonymous

• well, for one, explain to him that it's going to happen no matter your size, men are going to look at you. he should take it as a compliment, he got such an attractive woman that other men want. tell him you notice when women look at him and it doesn't make you mad, it makes you proud of the fact that you got a looker. as far as the dressing up, tell him you didn't dress up for anyone but the two of you, it made you feel good that you could look good for him again (even though i'm sure you looked good before you probably didn't feel that way) if he can't get over it, he needs to at least try to work on it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• she can dress sexy for him in the bedroom, do you want to cause problems come on he is your fiance? It is a smalllll sacrifice sweetie! marriage is all about sacrifice!
    Anonymous

• Idk, my husband doesn't get jealous like that. I guess he just knows that no matter who hit on me, I wouldn't be interested back. Mine actually likes when I dress sexy, lol. Maybe try explaining it to him like you just did to us. That you weren't trying to pick up guys but that you just wanted to feel attractive in public after so long of not. I personally don't think you did anything wrong.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• But I'd always dressed sexy. He knows that about me. I don't dress trashy but I dress to make my body look good. I'm only 21 and for the past year, I've lived in sweats and worked really hard to get my weight back down...He always asked me why I didn't get dressed up any more, then when I do, he acts like I was out there pole dancin.
    Anonymous

• Sounds as if he's insecure and feels threatened.
    Anonymous

• you should tell him that if you didn't want to be with him, then you wouldn't be there!
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 12:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Sounds insecure 2 me. The person talking about sacrifice.Thats bull. U dnt have 2 sacrifice urself 2 have a healthy marriage.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 1:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• sounds like you are flaunting your new self and he perceives that as you doing the mating dance for other men. I don't think it's as much jealousy as it is he's pisses over your juvenile behavior. You can look nice without causing all that commotion. We all know why women wear low cut tanks and cut offs. It's one of the sexiest outfits a woman can wear. you knew that when you put it on. You didn't wear it for him. You wore it for you to say "look at me men". Well they did and now look at the pickle you got yourself into. You got yourself in to this. Now get yourself out. you were wrong. I think you owe him an apology. Good for you for losing weight but don't hurt the guy in the process of being prideful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2009