3D/4D Ultrasound?

How soon do you schedule one? How far along should you be? Is it worth the money?

ABryn1011

Asked by ABryn1011 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got a 3d ultrasound when i was 24 weeks. I didn't have to pay for it, the us tech just did it while do the normal visit. I loved the picture, cause you can really see what the baby looks like. The second the tech turned it to 3D me and my hubby looked at each other, and said OMG she has his nose. Depending how much it is, i think it is worth it. But i would say around 20 weeks would be a good time to get it because the baby is really developing and you can see what he/she looks like.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• They told me the best pics were done around 27-32 weeks. THere is still room to move and not all squished up, but enough fat on him.her that you can see facial features and such really well. I was also told to drink alot of water the day or 2 before the scan to help have more fluid and make it clearer. It was definitely worth the money for us, we got a ton of pics, a dvd of the whole thing, and were able to put them online. If yor baby has an active time of day, schedule it then, or drink some juice on your way to the apt to make sure baby is active and not trying to hide.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I had mine done a few weeks ago. (About 34.) It was definitely worth it! I could see every single detail of little Aaron's face, his tiny little hands and fingers, and even the tuft of hair on his head! It was absolutely amazing. The technician took tons of the still pictures so I could have something to gaze at in the weeks ahead.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i had one done last week . i was only 14 weeks.. i didnt expect it the ultrasound tech just did it! it was a cool pic. my baby was not wanting us to see his face though.. he was coverin it with his hands like he was playin peek-a-boo! it was so cute!!
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 11:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Totally worth it. It will be so awesome to show my son later, and to help him understand what's going on whenever I have my next child. If I never have a second child, it would be an amazing gift to give him when he has his first. It's an amazing experience. I did the package. They did it 3 times. It helps relax you some too. They check for any probs while you are there, so you feel so happy and weightless when you leave.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Oh, if you call the place in your area that does it, they will tell you your best weeks to come in.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009