Who did the God want us to elect?

I was at a church one Sunday shortly before the presidential election and the preacher's wife said to pray before you voted and the bible said who to vote for.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, if you're Muslim...God wanted you to vote for Obama.
    Anonymous

• Since when has the bible EVER said who we should vote for. Even if it did, I don't think I would listen to it, but I don't really listen to it anyway.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• ROFL why would god care?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• stupid is as stupid does.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Let see the Bible says at luke 18:36 "My Kingdom is no part of this world." God wants you to put faith in HIS kingdom not man made governments.

Second, the apostle Paul referred to himself as an “ambassador” representing Christ to the people of his day. (Ephesians 6:20; 2 Corinthians 5:20) I believe that Christ Jesus is now the enthroned King of God’s heavenly Kingdom, and I, like an ambassador, must announce this to the nations. (Matthew 24:14; Revelation 11:15) Ambassadors are expected to be neutral and not to interfere in the internal affairs of the countries to which they are sent. As representatives of God’s heavenly Kingdom, I feel a similar obligation not to interfere in the politics of the countries where they reside.
    snowpeasmom

Answer by snowpeasmom at 11:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i think the lord doesn't get involved with politics cause it has nothing to do with your salvation. this is our free will to exercise for ourselves and vote for who he wants. in fact i doubt he answered anyones prayer concerning the president.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• maybe your preacher's wife meant that the Bible would give you guidance on who to vote for.

i heard about way too many sermons during election time about who a "good" Christian should vote for. i agree w/ melody...God prolly doesnt care. it means nothing for our salvation.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• God does care who is elected because He cares about all of us. However, the Bible doesn't have a book on 21st century elections. God is far more concerned about our hearts than our politics. I walk out on sermons that preach politics.

I wish many in the Christian community would stop looking to Washington DC for solutions to moral issues. For example, the abortion debate, do you really believe abortion will stop if it is made illegal? What about any other moral issue?

Yes, pray before you vote, read the issues, thing about the true power any elected official. No president can turn a nation into a "christian" nation, nor can he turn us into a "muslem" nation. As far as I know we still have freedom of and from religion.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• lmao.. sorry... but I highly doubt if there is a God, that he would pick any of the candidates we had.. they are all so corrupt.. our government is such a joke. You really want to credit anyone with the mess we have in our offices? I wouldn't.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I seriously doubt God(dess) concerns him/herself with government elections.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2009