Birth questions.....please answer!

Did you have an epidural? If so, did you suffer any complications from it?

Also...did you "tear"? If so, how many stitches did you receive?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had an epidural (BOTCHED) and two days after giving birth I began having seizures, then went comatose... and woke up three weeks later in the hospital. Walking was tough, eating was a challenge... I had to relearn alot and it took forever for my memory to return... I am left with memory problems and am on meds for seizures still (nine years later)... I ended up with bacterial menegitis of the spine & brain.

If you can skip it, do so. It wasn't worth it in my case. I should write a journal entry about my story, there's alot to it...
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 11:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I had an epideural and the only thing that was bad about it was that my back hurt for about a month afterwards but the pain was not excessive. I tore while giving birth but i only needed 3 exernal stitches and 1 internal. The only reason i tore though was that i pushed the baby and the placenta out with one push.
    Anonymous

• I had one but I had no side effects from it. I tore but not sure how many stitches I got.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I had an edi with some spinal headaches and backaches afterwards. On occassion I still get backaches, but it hasn't quite been even 3 months yet. I had an episiotomy but still had a 4th degree tear(which is as bad as it can be-I tore from the episiotomy incision all the way to my hiney hole). I had about 12 stitches total. But it was all worth it to finally have my baby girl =)
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I forgot to add that I did tear, my baby came out ear-up, and kicking like hell... I split from one hole to the next, kwim? Don't remember how many stitches but I was stitched.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 11:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I had an epi, no complications per se, it just never worked. I felt everything and no matter what they tried, nothing. I did tear pretty bad, but my baby was face up. They normally just do a running stitch in a vaginal repair. Just like sewing (they start on one end, and tie it off at the other). If there's several tears, then they'll usually repair each tear separately.
    MyJoieDeVivre

Answer by MyJoieDeVivre at 1:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I had an epidural. There were no real complication for me except it didn't really work. I had a second-degree tear and have no idea how many stitches :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2009