Any other Step Moms....Need advice?

My step son seems to have a minor medical condition that my DH and I think he should get checked. His mom insists there is nothing wrong with him and that we should "not draw attention to the issue". The condition has gotten worse over the last few months so my DH decided that he will take his son to the doctor. The mom is livid. She was furious and insulted that my husband wants to take his son to the doctor.

What's the deal with this? I don't understand why you wouldn't take him when he has insurance and this can be treated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• As everybody else has said she is probably just hoping that if she ignores it then it won't happen. I think your husband is doing the right thing by taking him anyway. Then if there is something wrong with him then he can get the treatment he needs.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Some parents just don't want to admit their child has a problem and they think if they ignore it it'll go away. You and your husband did the right thing in taking him to the hospital.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I meant doctor.
    sarapurser

• Some parents refuse to believe their children might have a problem. My moms best friend's has ADHD and people(including my mom) told her he had it. This was when he was like 6 or 7. He's now 16. She only accecpt the truth a few years ago and got him seen by a doc and on meds.

Anonymous

• "mom's best friends SON". sorry.
    Anonymous

• How selfish and inmature of this Mother. I think the problem is she does not want you telling her or your husband that this son needs help. Voice your opinion only to your husband and make him promise he will not go to her saying that you said this or that about this. Im sorry she is using this child to get back at you or your husband about something,but thatis what it sounds like to me.
    tramar47

Answer by tramar47 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2009