How can I get my son to quit gagging himself?

I have a 10 1/2 month old son. He is constantly gagging himself. He has actually ony made himself throw up once or twice, but he does it almost all day! I am worried he's gonna hurt his throat, but I have tried everything. When he starts doing it I have told him no, I have given him a toy to try to make his hands busy... I just don't know what to do!

msbell428

Asked by msbell428 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he sticking his hands in his mouth and doing it? My almost 3 month old just started sucking on his index finger and last night he stuck it too far back and gagged a few times. I'd say just keep trying to distract him and if you're that worried about it talk to his pediatrician.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2009