Anyone have a Dr. office that you test ur own urine and weigh urself before the dr. sees u?

I was watching a baby story and the receptionist handed her the file and she had to put the stick in the pee and weigh herself. Thats kind of weird. I thought that is what the dr job is. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this or is going through it right now.

laydlexius

Asked by laydlexius at 12:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmmm, I haven't. they always weight me and test my urine themselves, but I wouldn't be opposed to it if they wanted me to. I'm just as curious to know what in my pee! Also if they do want me to do that, then I think my insurance or me should not be charged for that.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I had one doc you did that at. I liked it that way actually.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• At my dr. office I went to potty and peed in the cup and put it in the door thingy. Wrote my name on it. I didn't have a problem with that.
    http//:www.sarahs4sweetboys.com
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 12:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• see i would feel that way about the insurance being billed for those tests especially when i am performing them myself lol.. i think its kinda cool but i would want to make sure when i test my urine that i understand fully what the different types of things u find in ur urine are being that I have to document it as well since they dont go behind you and check it...
    laydlexius

Answer by laydlexius at 12:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My second dr. was like that. I loved my first dr. but she retired because of all the BS with malpractice insurance. Anyway every dr. visit I had to weigh myself and test my urine with one of those strips. They didn't make me write it down in my file, I just told the nurse the numbers. It was kinda cool because I had pre-eclampsia the first time so I got to know everything that was going on.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2009