Are you insulted when...

someone seasons their food before they taste it? My DH does this all the time! He says it doesn't mean any thing, but I'm offended! He doesn't even taste it first! I know it's silly, but I was just wondering if I'm the only one bothered by this! lol

Austinsmom35

Asked by Austinsmom35 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No, BUT........... it IS considered RUDE to do so. I took an etiquette class a while back and I remember that as one of the no-no's. You should taste your food FIRST before deciding it need more salt or pepper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I put alt and pepper on certain things without tasting it fairly often, but just because I'm really big on salt and pepper. For example, on vegetables and salads, always. It's never meant to be an insult, but when 100% of the time I eat those things I'd rather it on there, why keep testing it every time, lol? But...if it's a new dish or something I've never tried..then I give it a taste before doing so. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No, I figure it's habit more than anything.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Not really, my parents do this when they have dinner with us, but it's because they know I don't use salt or pepper on anything, so they bring their own!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'd be more insulted if someone tasted something I cooked and decided it wasn't good enough so they had to put stuff on it to make it taste better. That way if they don't like it, I can say it's cause they put salt and pepper on it first.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• YES! my DH will majorly salt his food before he tastes it. He recently learned that he has high blood presure and cholesterol so he is trying to stop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• my dh puts pepper on just about everything. as soon as we sit down at the table there he goes with the papper before he even takes a bite. i dont really take offense to it.. i think im just so used to it. but now that i think about it.. it does seem kind of rude.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• dont be offended. i always add salt to everything to keep my blood pressure up. i need salt. ya just never know the real reason why people do what they do.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I put hot sauce on everything so everyone just assumes I don't like the taste... but that's not the truth at all! I just love spicy like normal ppl like salt and pepper ;P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I seldom ever salt and pepper anything after its cooked because i feel that enough salt especially goes into it when its cooking, but no i dont get offendd when someone else does.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2009