if someone broke into your house

And moved their family in while you were at work, would you let them stay and support them, simply because you had a better life?

If not, please explain if and why you feel our country should support illegal immigration.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• any company that is found hiring illegal immigrants should be fined through the nose

and the company owner or store manager as well as the corporate bosses should also be jailed for at least 12 months for the first offense, more for each subsequent offence.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Hell no and I do not support illegal immigration.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No I wouldn't, but I don't own this country.
    I do not think that our country should SUPPORT illegal immigration. On the same token I also don't think that companies like Walmart should be costing the tax payers over a billion dollars a year in federal subsidies either. There needs to be drastic reform put in place, and any company that is found hiring illegal immigrants should be fined through the nose! They are the ones enabling illegal immigration.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• HELL NO!!! Illegal immigration makes me SICK!!! No other county has signs written in 6 different languages so everyone can understand them!!! I strongly feel that if you want to move here you should at least learn ENGLISH before you get ANYTHING....be it welfare or a real job!!!!
    HippieMom78

Answer by HippieMom78 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Anon go figure !
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 12:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I dont like illegal immigration simply because, if you are coming to our country, COULD YOU AT LEAST LEARN ENGLISH!? And why come here and take our jobs? We need them too!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• no. I do not support illegal immigration.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No other county has signs written in 6 different languages so everyone can understand them!!! I strongly feel that if you want to move here you should at least learn ENGLISH before you get ANYTHING

However, most other countries you travel to do have signs in english, because many snobbish americans think they're to good to learn another countries language, and the other countries just laugh at our stupidity.

No, I don't support illegal immigration, however I feel it should be easier for immigrants to enter the country legally and become citizens. If the process wasn't so "its not gonna happen unless your rich so don't bother trying", many people wouldn't be illegal.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Nope. And I don't support illegal immigration either.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I get what you're trying to say, OP... but you have to consider the condition of the person. Are they greedy, leaching, moochers... or are they someone who has a family that is starving? Could you turn a starving family away, when we have so much?
    Don't get me wrong.. I'm a conservative, I'm registerted Republican, but I'm also a Christian. I can't in good conscience turn away the needy. Do you know what is inscribed on the tablet the Statue of Liberty is holding? "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..." My whole family tree is immigrants, except my maternal grandfather's family, which is Native American.
    Frankly...if we didn't have several presidents in a row (including the current POTUS) that spent money like it was burning their pockets, we wouldn't be in half the crap we are. And we are atill an incredibly rich nation.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2009