my 10 month old daughter still wakes up and cried @ night, cus she wants a bottle. she wakes up 2 times maximum sometimes once. and if it's really bad 3 times.

she goes to bed around 8 sometimes 9. i give her baths everynight, make sure she has had a bottle before she sleeps..it gets her tired. and she goes down...and sleeps usually for 4-5 hours and wakes up....then wakes up again like 2 hours later if she wakes up again for the second time. and wakes up officially for the day around 7ish latest 8 oclock.
i dunno what to do..my boyfriend and i share a room w/ her. we live in a 1 bedroom so we have to. we dont make much noise at all at night and dont snore either. and even when were not in the room...and were out in the livingh room..4-5 hours later after she was put down and wakes up..were still in the living room usually. so it's not like we woke her up by being in there.
i dunno what to do, i never have let her cry it out. i dunno if i can do that...but she needs to stop waking up for the bottle..and shes almost 11 months. but everytime she gets so upset and vomits...everytime.

blueside22

Asked by blueside22 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All three of my ds's did that. I gave them some solid food and let them eat as much as they wanted. I, then, gave them a bottle or nursed them. They were going through a growth spurt and the solid food right before bedtime helped them to sleep through the night.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• maybe try and feed her something more filling before you put her to bed, maybe try formula and baby cereal. and if she still wakes up at night give her water instead of formula
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• 5 hours is "through the night" for a baby....just feed her or nurse her or rock her back to sleep...my DD is 10 months old and still wakes up aobut 2-3 times and i just nurse her right back to sleep.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I agree but I wouldn't put the baby cereal in the bottle. it can cause choking or block the bottle opening and cause one upset baby. def feed her something more solid like 1/2 hr before bed.then a bottle (or breast if your breastfeeding) to help fall asleep)
    chases_mommy

Answer by chases_mommy at 1:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• few things you could try that work for some people...
    Decrease her bottle by an ouce every couple of nights until she doesn't need to wake for it anymore
    Give her water instead of formula and then she might not wake for it

But what we did with my 11 month old who up until last week was also waking a couple of times/night was the ferber method... The book is called Solve your Child's sleep problems and it is amazing! Mostly it's a change in a routine, you find in the book what things you have been doing to prevent your child from being a good sleeper. But it also required some CIO... but honestly he never cried more than 8 minutes! And by the 4th night he was sleeping on his own and not waking up anymore. IN all the crying for 3 nights I'm sure he never cried more than 15 minutes total.... the change in routine was what made it work.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• heck, I'd just feed her. She's normal. More sleep is lost in worrying abut infant sleep than would be if parents just followed the baby's cues. They know what they need, often better than we do.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2009