Contractions?

I'm pregnant with my second child but with my first I never had braxton hicks contractions nothing. I had a sceduled c section at 39 weeks because she was breech. For the last 6 weeks I've been having braxton hicks, more of the menstral cramping feeling but a little higher. The last week I've been having really painfull spasm feelings way low to where they feel like they are vaginal. They last about 10-15 seconds. Are these actual contractions?

jazzysmommy1004

Asked by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Braxton Hicks contractions start in the front and might move around to the lower back. The contractions that let you know that you are in labor start in your lower back and move around to the front. The real contractions might feel like cramping or they might be painful enough to drop you to your knees.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2009