10 month old almost 11 months. NEED HELP W/ MEAL PLAN.

doctor said to start getting her off jar food and feeding her the food we eat.
does anyone have good meal plans for there kids, breakfast lunch and dinner..that they consume most of the time. my daughter has 5 teeth and the doctor said babies eat w/ there gums. he said she can eat anything now, cut up into little pieces but i dunno what kind of meals i should give her that she may like. i dunno if i can strictly cut out the jar foods just yet i'm not sure...sometimes i feel like she doesnt get enough dinner @ night too. cus she doesnt like some of the jar foods..and she loves her bottle more than anything. i tried giving her some hamburger tonight..she took it..and tried eating it..she sucked on the teenie pieces but would spit it out. and then didnt want her baby food cause i tried that instead. i would just like to know some good meals.
please and thank you for your help!
=)

blueside22

Asked by blueside22 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby is almost 8 months old and I feed him everything I eat, mac and cheese, hamburgers, hotdogs etc.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• in the morning you can try mixing baby cereal with juice and giving her that, eggs sousage. If you don't start feeding her table food now she will be pickey later, let her try a little bit of everything
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• you could try steamed veggies my 10 month old love baby broccoli blend with edamame. Shes not big on meat. I still offer it but she has the veggies to fall back on if she doesn't want it.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 1:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My son is the same age and I am going through the same thing. The problem is I don't always eat regular healthy meals and I refuse to feed him anything that's not healthy. I think it's just that "only the best for my baby" mentality. He is still on jar food mostly though, but I do give him pieces of things like fruit, grilled chicken, rice, veggies etc. but like you I still don't know if he's getting enough from just that so he'll be on the jar food until I'm sure he's eating enough real food. I need to start eating better myself and probably actually cooking real meals before I am comfortable sharing my food with my son. I want to teach him healthy habits but right now I don't think I'm setting much of an example lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Scrambled egg yolks with a bit of cheese, dry toast (or with natural fruit jelly spread on it). My son loves whole-grain waffles. I mash bananas (applesauce, strawberrieswork too!) in a separate bowl and use that as topping... cut it up and give it to him. I make mac-n-cheese with whole-grains and cheese (make this in bulk! freeze the rest.) Boiled/steamed veggies and fruits such as broccoli, asperagus spears, cauliflowers, and green beans were my son's favorites. Cut up small pieces of fruits... strawberries, melon, watermelon, etc. I am anal about what my son puts in his body though! Itt must be whiole grain or fruits/veggies, lean protien, You can also put chicken in slow cooker and cook it until the meat falls apart. Yum. Sorry, my computer is funky tonight so I have a lot of typos.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• But I wouldn't worry too much. Tristan is one now, and he barely takes three bites of ANYTHING and only drinks half of his 6oz bottles... refuses whole-milk bottles, but accepts my soy milk (which I cannot use to replace formula. No fat for the brain development. As a snack, it's fine.) All I could get him to eat today was some pieces of mild cheddar, green beans, and applesauce. I worry! They really don't need much to thrive, though.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My son is 11 months and has been eating table foods since 8 months.
    He eats whatever we are eating.... just try to make your food choices healthy. Like today we happen to go out and eat, he had hamburger and some bun and tomato... so for dinner he had fruit and veges along with a little of dad's pizza.
    For breakfast some of his favorites are french toast, oatmeal or yogurt
    Lunch... we tend to have a lot of sandwiches, so some of the meat and bread and if it has cheese or tomatoes on it he likes to eat those too
    Dinner: burgers, pasta, tacos... whatever we are having! we just break it up for him and he eats it
    We do try to add more fruits and veges to his meals because we don't eat as many
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:50 AM on Jun. 30, 2009