During my transvaginal it hurt on my left side,inside. Anyone the same?

I told the ultrasound tech that it hurt and she said it shouldnt but it did. she didnt tellme any further info. Is this regular?
I told her that i have a cyst on my left ovary but she said that has nothing to do with it. this stupid woman left me in the dark. Any answers?

BkMommy2be

Asked by BkMommy2be at 12:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If she was trying to position the wand around on the left side of your uterus to see better she could have put pressure on your cyst and it could have been the pain you felt. Or it could have just been the discomfort of the wand in general. I've had one where it was borderline painful - not like I'm dying pain, just hurt. She said she was trying to get a good position to see baby better and because it was toward the back there was a lot of pressure on the wand. Could have been the same kind of thing with a much less communicative tech in your case.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• well honestly its just a tube inserted into your vagina, i can't tell you why it hurt. try using a dildo or your husbands penis and see if you still get the pain. medical insertion of things to the vagina always make me tense up, could have pinched something.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I had pain on the right side when she was checking my ovaries, she told me that it was because that was the ovary my baby came from, she said she knew because it was producing WAY more progesterone (or something like that) than the left ovary.
    HollySebeck

Answer by HollySebeck at 12:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2009