Would you offer to support an mother in need to prevent her from having an abortion?

I am prochoice becuase making abortion illegal would not prevent women from having abortions. Women with money could still have abortions. Those without money could have dangerous abortions, or have a child they are unable to care for properly. So, do you feel strongly enough about abortion to sacrifice to prevent one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No.

It's HER choice. I'm not going to give up anything just so someone else can change their mind. If that was on her heart, then it's going to be on her conscience too.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i would if someone needed my help id help . i help people now with things they need for babies themselves everything i always have helped people and i wouldnt be burdened with helping someoone if they chose not to have an abortion people need help you should help
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• What do you mean by sacrifice? I am Pro-Life and if a woman was considering abortion or was on-the-fence about it, of course I would try and talk her out of it and give her more options to think about, but I don't know what more I could do than that.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Would you move your family into a smaller home so you could pay her rent and buy food for her?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• there is section 8 and foodstamps i have helped people get the info for that
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• This question is pointless. Seriously if u cant put to good use info & resources handed 2 u there is a problem. I encourage adoption.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 1:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• No I would not. If she could not afford her child than I would try and talk her into giving the child up for adoption. I would not deprive my son of anything to help out someone else who wanted to keep a child they could not afford. If someone could not afford to have a child, than abortion is not the only other option. They could give their child to a family who COULD support him/her. That is what I would push that woman to do. If she decided to get an abortion in the end, I would be disappointed but that is ultimately her own problem that she will have to answer for later. I tried my best and that is all I could do.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• You wouldn't deprive your family to prevent the murder of a baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• NO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• it depends on the situation. if it was someone I knew was going to try her best to get back on her feet (or at least I knew she was going to stay sober while pregnant then give the child up for adoption) then I would do what I could. as of right now that's not much as I'm living paycheck to paycheck as is and am just now starting to pull ahead on bills. but if I knew there was a way for me to help a child then yes. now if this woman didn't want to stay sober and the child was going to end up so severely damaged by drugs and alcohol then I would most like encourage the abortion. I'm def pro life and would try to push the sobriety if there was a way to do it, but I'm against making a child suffer because a woman can't take 9 months of no drugs/alcohol.
    chases_mommy

Answer by chases_mommy at 1:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2009