how can they tell??

ok i went to the doctor last wednesday i'm 38 weeks and he said that i was 1cm dilated and the baby was already in the right position. but how can he tell that he is in the right position by feeling around on my stomach. i tried feeling on my stomach but i have no clue what position he is in or even were he is laying cause i cant tell what is baby and what aint. so i'm just wondering.

froggiedee

Asked by froggiedee at 1:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when you lay down your stomach gets soft so anything hard is baby. as far as telling head from butt the baby's head shakes "freely" while the butt moves the whole body
    chases_mommy

Answer by chases_mommy at 1:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Because they went to doctor school for many year not to mention interning. So thats kinda thier job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• anons are so ignorant.
    babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 3:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• If he's in the right position, then his head should be down. Which means if you law down and push right where yourr bladder usually is then that's where his head should be. That's where my daughter is, and her butt is usually up near my ribs or alittle to the right on the side. It'll be firmer where the baby is. I can usually reach down at any time and figure otu where her head is. Underside of the belly, wherer your bladder used to be. Good Luck! =)
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 12:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2009