smoking.

ok i'm a smoker. and i was just wondering if anyone had any advice to help me quit or any support they could give me. i've tried before but always started back and i want to quit for good this time.

froggiedee

Asked by froggiedee at 1:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Health

• cold turkey and keep busy chew gum
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I agree. I threw them out. After 2 weeks you will be fine.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• It sucks, but cold turkey is the best, and sometimes easiest way. Only because...you go through the withdrawals BAD, but you do it all at once, rather than gradually, as with the nicotene patch. I think once you get past the routine and habit of the actual smoking, it gets easier. Like...I always used to smoke right after I ate. After a handful of times of NOT doing this, and realizing I could actually do it, it got easier.Also...when you get a craving, put some hard candy or gum in your mouth...that helps too.The longer you go, the easier it gets. The thing is...you CAN do it...all you have to do is Not smoke. it's not easy, but it is possible. I've done it. Good luck!!!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• get a prescription for chantix

Answer by rkoloms at 11:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2009