Trip to the Beach!!

Okay, vaca to the beach is in 6 days and DH and I were going through the list of what we need for play, need to pack, and need to eat (lol) I think we have everything, but just wondered if any of you have any last minute things that we more than likely forgot lol. This is our first family vacation and I want it to go as smoothly as humanily possiable, so really ANYTHING that we could forget or something that you've learned in your vaca's!! Thank you all!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Peanut_Farley

Asked by Peanut_Farley at 1:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Travel

• Super Glue....no really. Walking on the beach can turn up little cuts on your feet - and super glue is a great way to seal off any small cuts that could otherwise get a little irritated being all around sand that had all kinds of bird poo, pee, jelly fish, dead fish carcass and any thing else you could imagine would land on a beach.

Immodium AD - one half-swallow of sea water could cause diarrhea.

Not just lotion - but a moisturizing oil (like Neutragena or Palmers) - salt water acts as a great exfoliant, but it also dries the skin.

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I'm in the same boat as you, we are also planing a vaca in July and so... I'm gonna get some tips from your responses lol.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Oh, Oh... I forgot the MOST important thing.... a bottle of vinegar! Ever been stung by a jelly?? If you don't have the vinegar on hand, you'll wind up begging someone to pee on the welt just to get the pain to stop - no kidding. A bottle of vinegar, IN YOUR BEACH BAG.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Thank you PaceMyself!!!! I would never have thought of that, it also made my giggle thinking of the Friends episode with Joey saying that he'd pee on them if ever they needed it!! lmao!
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 1:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• aloe jelly! there is nothing better for sunburn (or any burn).

bring calamine lotion for sand flea and other bug bites (though toothpaste will work, too).

don't forget those refillable water bottles (kleen kanteen or another stainless steel brand is best).

Answer by rkoloms at 10:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Tylenol for all ages that are going with you. Any medication you may take plus some extra just in case. Extra sunblock. Large ziplock bags, they come in handy for wet clothes, toys and shells and just about anything else. Baby wipes for cleaning your hands before you eat. If you have a small child take a washcloth with you so you can dampen it with water and wipe their eyes if they get sand in them, works for my kids.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Don't forget your camera and video camera (if you have one). Sunscreen (I forgot it one year and had to pay two prices for it at the beach)
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• LOL....PaceMyself...I wish I had heard from you BEFORE we went on our beach vacation!!!
    Jelly fish were everywhere the last day, and both my daughters got stung.
    Lot's of sunblock!!! Seriously, the best sunblock is the children's tearless formulas. They stay on the longest and won't burn your eyes if you start to sweat....
    A really good deodorant......heat, humidity equals smelliness...ugh!
    Prone to breakouts? Beach weather makes it worse....
    Oh, and something for a rash guard... sometimes, all that walking and the salt, sand rubbing between the legs of your suit causes painful rashes....my husband gets them every year....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2009