How do i make her stop screaming?

She is 20 months old shell b 2 n sept! shes not the baby anymore i had another baby 4 months ago! and i know that shes jealous and all of the baby but i really need the screaming and crying to stop! How and or what can i do to make her stop lately ive been bribbing her and i know thats not good but im going completly insane and i need it to stop ! any ideas???? HELP!!!

Perdy

Asked by Perdy at 1:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You could try "i'll ignore you until you talk to me!" Or putting her in her room until she stops! My dd is 19 mo and tries the same thing. She literally hangs off my legs screaming and crying. I tell her I won't listen to her until she starts talking and I ignore her and continue doing what I am doing until she stops. When she does i kneel down and look her in the eyes and say "ok, what did you want?" It has gotten to where it only takes 3 minutes of this screaming before she starts talking (unless she's tired of course!).
    I hope things get better and even though I do not have a baby along with my toddler, this has been working. Of course I'm sure her screaming wake up baby but this does work. GL!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:45 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• she's gonna do it cause she's two, nearly. and twos scream more than ones. some times kids quiet down in the threes. get yourself a headset to soften her cries or ear muffs or a couple of wide cloth soft headbands or ear plugs. Any of those will really make a difference. I have three kids. Once you know and understand that no matter what especiailly at your daughter's age for a good while longer that those tears and behavior are part of her growing you'll feel better to over look them. Remove her from a fun time if she's truly nearly wild. She'll still scream horribly but it sets in motion right time wrong time. Give her a space for tantrums that won't quiet and ignore them It's hard but it all works a lot of the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• op shes the 3rd baby i have a 6 and a 4 and they were not like this at allllll!!!!!!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 2:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• put her in her room and dont go get her until she stops then she will know that screaming just gets her no reaction at all someetimes I have to put my little one down a few times a day but usually he falls asleep cause all in all he was tired to begin with good luck
    aidensmom570

Answer by aidensmom570 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2009