cleaning tips

Being a mom is a tough job what are some cleaning tips that make cleaning a brezze after Long tiring days?? What products help you out?? What is your cleaning scedule?

Bri160

Asked by Bri160 at 2:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• E-mail me and I can help you big time on this one.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 2:08 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Just to let you know I run my husband business, my chores are done by 9 am and I have sundays off..
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 2:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I don't have a "laundry day." I try to do one to two loads every day as to not become overwhelmed. Each day of the week is a different chore around the house. Monday is floors and bathrooms, Tuesday I strip the bedding, rugs, changing table pads, Wednesday is dusting and windows, although sometimes I do it here an there. I usually wipe down the doors and base boards, dog beds. Thursday I try to do things I have been putting off/cleaning blinds, fridge, heating vents. Friday is yard work day! Saturday and sunday I just make sure the house is picked up, but it is kinda my weekend off.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 2:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I love my magic eraser
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Usually, I dedicate at least 10 minutes to every room. Sometimes a little more if it's an "extreme" room, aka, hubby's game room. *rolls eyes*
    And I usually take care of the more noticeable things, quick carpet/swiffer run, wiping down TV's and furniture, rearranging just a little. Magic Erasers are a miracle. I usually use Lysol to spray down faucets and give it a quick rub for a shine.
    Usually, it's countdown time when my son is taking his nap. Then I'm frantically cleaning.
    I save the thorough cleanings for when hubby is home, can watch the kid, then I clean. Or demand he help... :D!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I taught my kids how to clean & do laundry. Chores every morning before play.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Do a load of laundry at least every other day
    Clean one room a day

This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2009