WIC approved items?

First of all, if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all; just leave.

I've searched on google for exactly what brand items are WIC approved through Walmart, Target, and Albertsons but I cannot find anything. I need to know exactly what I can get. On my approved foods list is Milk, Eggs, Peanut Butter, Cereal, and Cheese. When we go to the store I always have to ask, "Is this approved? What is?" and its very frustrating to the person helping me. At one Walmart we can get brand-name items, at an Albertsons we have to ge the Albertsons brand. So I was wondering, does anyone know of a website that lists these things?
Thank you all so much for your help.

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 2:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Shopping

• they should had given you a booklet type thing with what you could get i mean you really just gotta look for the things labled with EIC approved stickers
    the only brands they will tell you is cereal because everything else is going to be usually the store brand stuff the cheapest they have at their stores youll just have to look at the WIC aprroved stickers
    its not hard i had WIC in high school
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• WIC not EIC lol
    Mrs.Owen86

• Um, hm. lol The WIC office should give you a little pamplet that says exactly what you can get. did you not get one? Goodness I have like 15 they always give them to me. I'm like NO THANKS I HAVE TEN. lol. Oh also most stores have a blue WIC tag next to the item you can get.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• ask your worker, i go to the local grocery store, and i can get juicy juice, the expensive milk, eggs and cheese, and all that good stuff. i live in CA btw.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Do these stores have a pink tab under them saying WIC APPROVED? That is how I can tell, also the WIC office gave me a panflet that has what we are allowed to by in it. Otherwise, I think it varies on the cash register person! Some say "No, not dis one" and others don't say anything. I figure, if it says "WIC APPROVED" it's ok and when they tell us we can't at the checkout we say "it said it's ok! Normally for cheese, I think it's Kraft, but they let us do Tillamook. They approve Jiffy peanut butter up here, and cereal we get Cheerios, Kix, Shredded Wheat, Oat meal, Malt-O-Meal, and something else. Pretty much nothing flavored, all plain but we put fruit in them. It varies from state to state however so talk to your WIC office and see what they say. I'm in Alaska and I guess the rules up here are a lot different and more flexible than most areas.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/ph/wic/docs/1001_food_list_english.pdf

Heres a list from my state.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Well, for me it was some of the store brand cereals, the cheapest milk on the shelf (because my area hasn't approved soy milk, I didn't get milk because I'm lactose intolerant), the non-single slices of cheese (deli style?), any brand of peanut butter and eggs, and certain kinds of frozen juice. They SHOULD have given you a little booklet thing. Call them and tell them you need a list of approved items and they should give it to you.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Your WIC lady/man should have given you a pmplet with the approved items on it. You can go get one from them if you don't have one. THat being said I really wish they would have some more items on there like the new Juicy juice they have out now.
    List for the state of PA:
    cheese: cheddar, cheddarella, colby, Cojack, Montary Jack, Mozzarella, Muenster, Provolone Swiss. These may be regular, reduced fat, low fat, or fat free, low cholesterol, low sodium. smoked, or calcium fortified. Minimum package size 8 oz. Forms allowed: Block, sliced, shredded, stick, and string only. We are allowed to get the Kraft Deli Delux cheese.
    Milk: ANy except flavored, buttermilk, goat milk, milk with added calcium, organic milk, soy milk, UHT milk, milk in glass bottles. Acceptable in gallon or half gallon only.
    Eggs:any except specialty, vegetarian fed, organic, low cholesterol, fat modified, etc.
    cereal : Quaker crunchy bran, life,
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• king vitamin, quaker oatmeal regular, quaker grits regular, cream of wheat regular, crispix, corn flakes, special k, oatmeal squares(brown sugar, cinnamon) all bran complete oat flakes, mini wheats, kix, cheerios(regular and multi grain)total whole grain, wheaties, chex (wheat, corn, rice, multi bran), honey bunches of oats(honey roasted, cinnamon clusters, with almonds, vannila clusters), banna nut crunch, grape nut, puffed rice, mighty bites, rice squares(corn, rice, or bisquits).
    Juice: any 46oz or 11.5-12oz concentrate 100% juice. Not allowed juice with sugar, alcohol, or carbonation. Any brand of 100% orange juice in a can, pineapple juice( dole, flavorite, food club, great value, iga, libby's, read and white, rich food, sho-n-save, shurfine, white rose), V8(all except spicey hot), Juicy juice all flavors, apple juice in a can(greatvalue red and white, shufine, white house)
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:23 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Welch's grape juice, seneca grape juice, seneca apple juice, lucky leaf apple juice, mussel man apple, Northland cranberry juice.
    Concentrate; welch's grape(white and regular), welch's white grape raspberry, any brand orange, seneca apple, seneca grape, apple( flavorite, food club, great value, iga, richfood, shop-n-save, shurfine, sunrise valley, weis), Any dole 100%. Any shelf sustainable container juice of welch's and Juicy juice. Please note I have gotten Juicy juice concentrate on WIC.
    Hope this helps. Also look for the red tabs beside the produnct name and price to see if it is WIC approved.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2009