Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have 3 kids my fisrt child is not by my husband but he's been in her life

ever since she was 9months old, she calls him daddy .her natural dad was in and out .now he wants to finally be their for her ,and he has a girl friend that he been with for a while now i never met her i dont even know her name ,he told my daughter to call her mom that really makes me mad inside .i told my child that she olny has one mom which is me. how should i handle this?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • Well first off how old is your dd, and she shouldn't have to call this girl mom, because its not like its your ex's wife, even if it was she doesn't have to call her mom. Tell him that you don't want your daughter to call her mom. Its actually your dd's choice if she wants to as she gets older if your ex actually marrys her.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • You are the only mom and only the best for your kid.You ex and his gf are not married yet in the first place..and even they got married you must not allowed it..Let your child called the girl as whatever she like to call one ever can replace you..enough to tell your kid to respect the girl but no need to call her as mom! I guess this is very important matter that you must discuss with your ex so as not create confusion to the child.

    Answer by jayzs at 3:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • He is an idiot!

    Answer by BJoan at 7:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

  • She only has one mother, and believe me she will always know who that is. As for your ex, well sorry but he is an asshole. You really have no say in his seeing her if it is court ordered, and it would be hard to deal with another woman. But he and she should have more respect for you than that. Sometimes a good woman can get a man to see what he is missing out on, and perhaps she has done that for him...however it is not her palce to try to take your place. Tell your child she can call this woman what ever makes her comfortable...she is not forced to call her mom. Tell your ex to drop the mind games or you will get a lawyer.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.