when am i gonna get my period again?

ok this Wednesday i will be on my 6th week after i delivered my DD and i don't know when my period will be back again? i'm breastfeeding but not having my period coming soon its kinda scary.also this might be tmi but i had sex with mu hubby on saturday and i'm still in the 5 weeks, he used a condom but he took it off for a little, he didnt finish inside me tho, and i doubt i would get pregnant like that specially cause it took me 5 years to get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Especially with BF it could honestly be months! Your also much more fertile after giving birth. Be careful and don't risk it unless your ready for another baby right away. My friend claims that getting pregnant right after having her daugher is why she had twins. They're 10 months apart. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• If you are exclusively bf - not supplementing at all - nursing the baby at least every 2 hours and during the night at least every 6 hours you will likely not get a period for at least 6 months, but you probably won't be fertile for that time either. Anytime you break those rules I just mentioned you can begin to move back towards fertility. I bf and mine have came back anywhere from 7 months (she weaned early) to 21 months. It's ok. Your body is at rest and that is a good thing. The up and down of hormones (from women not being pregnant and bf for extended periods) actually increases your chances of female cancers. By allowing your body this extended rest you are making yourself more healthy. Enjoy it! Learn to chart while you wait for your cycles to reappear. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great book for that. Know your body is doing what it was created to do while you bf!
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• i was breast feedin ran in to problems and im now 9 weeks past having her and i just got my firsrt period it could be a while
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2009